Thursday 4 July 2013

The power of One

The power of One 

I cannot change the world,
I can only change myself.
I can't single-handedly take away
the wars,
the pain,
the suffering
starvation
disease
lack of water,
lack of respect,
lack of love,
the list is endless...
the things I would change if I could
but can't.

All I can change
is what I do,
how I think
and what I send out
throughout this day.

So...
Resting in the arms
of my Higher self
and with my Witness
as my guide...
as I connect with others
in this day
I can CHOOSE the way I meet the world.

I can choose to thank the bus driver on my way to work.
I can choose how I meet the happiness
or the sadness
or the anger projected on me by any other.
I can talk to those who don't understand me
through my eyes
and my hand over my heart "Salaam..."
I can listen to the stories of the "un-ineresting"
and view them another way.

For I am safe.
I neither have to hide my light from the world,
nor do I have to shine it in peoples' faces to get attention.

Resting in the "I-ness"
of who I am
the one "definition-less" being
that was,
long before I was born
and will be
long after this body dies.

This is the power I have...

The power of One...and I can make a difference...by being me! 

- Pete Wilson —

Thank you Wild Woman Rising 

No comments:

Post a Comment